The National Library of Turkey will host the first Europeana Newspapers Project information day on the 3rd of May 2013 in Ankara. At this project event on national level project partners and Turkish invited speakers will join forces to show the latest achievements in the Europeana Newspapers Project and developments in digitisation and refinement for historical Ottoman newspapers.
Europeana Newspapers Project:
- Europeana Newspapers Project – U.Kölsch & H.J. Lieder (Project Coordinator – BerlinState Library)
- Why refinement of digitised historical newspaper pages? – Susan Reilly (LIBER)
- Refinement – Clemens Neudecker (National Library of The Netherlands)
- Metadata – Günter Mühlberger (University of Innsbruck Library)
Digitisation & OCR panel:
Moderator: Prof. Dr. Nazan Özenç Uçak- (Hacettepe Üniversitesi)
- Prof. Dr. Bülent Yilmaz (Hacettepe Üniversitesi)
- Prof. Dr. Yaşar Tonta (Hacettepe Üniversitesi)
- Özhan Yilmaz – Uzman (Kalkınma Bakanlığı)
- Hakan Koray Özlük (Kütüphaneler ve Yayınlar Genel Müdürlüğü)
- Hasan Bahadır Aydinonat (Kütüphaneler ve Yayınlar Genel Müdürlüğü)
Afterwards the participants are offered a tour through the National Library of Turkey.
Agenda: ENP infoday NLT May 2013